Frequently Asked Questions

Advice & Guidance from a Skilled Houston Civil Trial Lawyer

Massey Law Firm PLLC is dedicated to protecting you and your best interests. Below, find answers to some frequently asked questions. Please note that this is not meant to be read as advice for your specific matter or constitute an attorney-client relationship.

To discuss your unique matter, schedule a free initial case consultation by calling (713) 338-2720
or contacting our Houston civil litigation attorney online.

What should I do after a car accident? What happens if I can’t afford repairs or medical bills?

After an accident, whether it involves a car, truck, or happened in your workplace, it is important that you focus on your recovery and healing. You should report the accident to the proper authorities, whether it is the police or your employer, and seek medical attention, if necessary. Be sure that your doctor notes all of your injuries and takes pictures, including noting any worsening symptoms. Take photos at the scene, if possible. Write down everything as soon as you can while your memory of the accident is still fresh. Do not admit fault, to the other driver or their insurance company. Call our Houston personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.

Following these basic steps can allow our firm to build a strong personal injury case for compensation on your behalf. We will work hard to take account of the extent of the damages, including any wages lost when you were recovering. Remember that when you have been injured by another’s negligence, you have rights and Massey Law Firm PLLC will fight for you.

What should I do if my insurance company is not paying what they owe?

Large insurance companies, even your own, are profit driven and thus may not be in the business of paying out all they may owe you. Bad faith insurance claims should be handled by a skilled advocate, as going up against these companies and their teams of attorneys requires experience, knowledge, and in-depth insights.

How do I protect my business from being sued?

There are a number of contracts any business owner must draft to protect themselves and their best interests. These includes covenants not to complete, non-disclosure agreements, partnership contracts, and contracts between you and any third party supplier or vendor. However, even with these contracts in place, you may still encounter disputes. These are best handled through arbitration or litigation by a skilled Houston contract dispute attorney.

I’ve been unfairly treated by a company. What can I do?

As a consumer, you are provided with certain protections under Texas and federal law. This involves a reasonable expectation of both safety and that the company will perform to its advertised standards. When a business fails to live up to their promises, you may have legal recourse. From fraud and deceptive trade practices to holding companies accountable for misrepresentation, Massey Law Firm PLLC can advocate for you.

Need An Exemplary Litigation Attorney?

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side